|Name:||Trial excavations - High Pasture Cave site, Isle of Skye: 2006 season|
|Organisation:||West Coast Archaeological Services|
Further trial excavations took place at the High Pasture Cave site in 2006, carried out by West Coast Archaeological Services and others. As well as continuing with the uncompleted excavation of Trench 5 from the previous season (see EHG1399) eight new trenches were opened to investigate features identified by the geophysical survey earlier in the year (EHG1384) and in previous field survey. Further work also took place to establish the extent and preservation of the remaining archaeological deposits in the cave passages (Trenches 1 and 6), and work continued on the excavation of the stairwell entrance into the cave used during prehistory (Trench 2 extension). <1>-<10>
Type(s) of Investigation
|Grid Reference:||Centred NG 59449 19721 (59m by 40m)|
|Geographical Area:||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
|Location:||Uamh an Ard Achadh (High Pasture Cave), Isle of Skye|
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
- Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Birch, S, Wildgoose, M and Kozikowski, G. 04/2007. Uamh an Ard Achadh (High Pasture Cave) & Environs Project, Strath, Isle of Skye 2006: The Preliminary Assessment and Analysis of Late Prehistoric Cultural Deposits from a Limestone Cave and Associated Surface Features. West Coast Archaeological Services et al. Digital.
- Text/Report: Hunter, F and McLaren, D. 2007. High Pasture Cave & Environs Project: Assessment Report on Small Finds. National Museums of Scotland. . Digital.
- Text/Report: MacSween, A. 2007. High Pasture: Report on the Pottery. Unaffiliated. . Digital.
- Text/Report: Drew, C. 2007. Analysis of the Animal Bone. University of Durham. . Digital.
- Text/Report: Horton, E. 2007. Analysis of the Charred Plant Remains. University of Durham. . Digital.
- Text/Report: McSweeney, K and Fraser, S. 2007. Analysis of Burnt Bone. University of Edinburgh. . Digital.
- Text/Report: Montgomery, J, Evans, J and Chenery, C. 2007. Combined Lead, Strontium and Oxygen Isotope analysis of the Female Adult from High Pasture Cave, Isle of Skye. University of Bradford & British Geological Survey. .
- Text/Report: Jay, A. 2007. Preliminary findings from the analysis of High Pasture Cave bone for carbon and nitrogen stable isotopes. University of Durham. . Digital.
- Text/Report: Simpson, I and MacKenzie, J. 2007. Micromorphology Analysis. University of Stirling. . Digital.
- Text/Report: Mattey, D. 2007. Speleothem Analysis. Royal Holloway, University of London. . Digital.
|MHG32043||Uamh an Ard Achadh (High Pasture Cave) (Monument)|
|EHG1384||Parent event/activity: Geophysical survey - High Pasture Cave site, Isle of Skye|
Related thematic articles