|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Icehouse, Keiss Harbour|
|Feedback:||If you have any comments or new information about this record, please email us.|
Early C19 single chambered, rubble vaulted icehouse.
|Grid Reference:||ND 3517 6097|
- ICEHOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD to 1850 AD (between))
|Protected Status:||Listed Building (C) 14086: Keiss Harbour Ice-house|
- Survival: ROOFED BUILDING (undated)
- Building at Risk: 2830 Keiss Harbour Icehouse
- Historic Environment Record: MHG204
- NMRS NUMLINK Reference: 9325
- NMRS Record Details: ND36SE26 KEISS HARBOUR, ICE HOUSE
- Non-Statutory Register (R)
- Old SMR Reference Number: ND36SE0026
ND36SE 26 3518 6098.
East Caithness Local Plan, May1987: P31/2.53.
J Aitken : 22/05/01.
HCAU visit 23/4/08. Icehouse appears to be in a similar condition as in 1986 when the listed building photograph was taken. The door, however, has been removed <1>.
Keith Tilley posted a photograph of this site on the Highland HER Facebook page in June 2011. <2>
<1> Puls, A, Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist, 30/04/2008 (Verbal Communication). SHG23286.
<2> Highland Council, 2011, Highland HER Facebook page, Keith Tilley, 07/06/2009 (Interactive Resource/Webpage). SHG25262.
Related Monument/Building records
|MHG205||Part of: Keiss Harbour (Monument)|
Related Investigations - none
Related documents/files/web pages