|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Township, Broubster Village|
|Feedback:||If you have any comments or new information about this record, please email us.|
|Grid Reference:||ND 0380 5950|
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- Historic Environment Record: MHG951
- NMRS NUMLINK Reference: 7730
- NMRS Record Details: ND05NW42 BROUBSTER VILLAGE
- Non-Statutory Register (R)
- Old SMR Reference Number: ND05NW0030
The last inhabitant of Broubster Village left in 1952 (Info from W Forbes, Achiegallon Farm)
Visited by OS 13 November 1964.
What may be a planned village is depicted on 1st edition of OS 6-inch map (Caithness 1877, sheet xvi). It comprises four rows of buildings, one of which is partially roofed, round a square and nine buildings, one of which is partially roofed to rear of four rows.
Two of rows are partially roofed, with other two unroofed rows only part shown, and 6 unroofed buildings standing to rear of the rows are shown on current edition of OS 1:10,560 map (1963).
Info from RCAHMS (AKK) 15 September 1995.
Related Monument/Building records - none
Related Investigations - none
Related documents/files/web pages