MHG54238 - The Drouthy Duck, High Street, Conon Bridge
Late 18th or 19th century house, now a public house.
Type and Period (3)
- HOUSE (Built, 18th Century to 19th Century - 1785 AD to 1825 AD (at some time))
- PUBLIC HOUSE (19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD to 2000 AD)
- COACHING INN (19th Century - 1801 AD to 1825 AD)
- None recorded
The Drouthy Duck is a Late 18th or early 19th century, 2-storey and attic, 3-bay traditional house (now public house).
Late 18th or early 19th century. 2-storey and attic, 3-bay traditional house (now public house) with steeply pitched roof and narrow dressed quoins. Rendered rubble painted white. Fenders to corner angles. Timber door to centre. Later 20th century addition to rear. The building probably operated as a coaching inn during the early 19th century. The building was listed at Cathegory C by Historic Scotland in December 2010. <1>
The building was reassessed by Historic Environment Scotland in 2018 and found to no longer meet the listing critera. It was proposed to delist the building. <2>
The building was delisted by Historic Environment Scotland with effect from 02/07/2018. <3>
- <1> Dataset: Historic Scotland. Information Supplementary to the Statutory List (This information has no legal significance). Digital. HB Number 51658.
- <2> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Historic environment Scotland Designations Team. 2018. Assessment against the listing criteria: The Drouthy Duck, High Street, Conon Bridge, Dingwall. Historic Environment Scotland. 07/06/2018. Digital.
- <3> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Historic Environment Scotland. 2018. Delisting Notification - LB51658. Historic Environment Scotland. 03/07/2018. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5415 5571 (22m by 24m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
|Civil Parish||URQUHART AND LOGIE WESTER|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB51658 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.