Ardnamurchan Lighthouse

Ardnamurchan Lighthouse © Andrew Taylor
Ardnamurchan Lighthouse © Andrew Taylor

Situated at the most westerly point in mainland Britain this lighthouse, designed by Alan Stevenson, first displayed a fixed light in 1849 and was converted to flashing in 1928. The associated buildings have been converted to a visitor centre, cafe and shop. The imposing pink granite tower is visible for miles around. Visit the Ardnamurchan Lighthouse website for details of opening times.

Find out more about Ardnamurchan Lighthouse

Comments