MHG15786 - Cemetery, Daviot Parish Church
Cemetery of Daviot Parish Church. Still in use.
Type and Period (1)
- CEMETERY (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Burial Ground: roughly coped rubble walled burial ground surrounds church; entrance flanked by simple square rubble
piers with shaped caps. 18th and 19th century tombs. <1>
Visited by Scottish Wildlife Trust as part of the 1st stage of a graveyard recording project. Large number of 19th century and modern stones. Few 18th century stones. Managed by Highland Council. Some stones quite weathered, but most are clear oflichen or moss. Still in use. Stones set in concrete. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7235 3942 (87m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DAVIOT AND DUNLICHITY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB1700 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14105 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.