MHG16401 - Highland Hotel, Strathpeffer
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOTEL (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1560 AD to 2100 AD)
The interior panelling was covered up to protect it during the war, when the hotel was used to house troops. After the war, the hotel accommodated soldiers’ families.
Information from Margaret Spark, ARCH Remembering Strathpeffer Project, 2011. <1>
Taylor, A, 02/2010, A Collection of Highland Buildings and Monuments (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG25366.
Briscoe, J M, 2008-11, Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe, via Flickr (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG23810.
<1> Various, Remembering Strathpeffer, Site 22 (Collection/Project Archive). SHG25338.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital. via Flickr.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Taylor, A. 02/2010. A Collection of Highland Buildings and Monuments. Colour. Yes. Digital.
- <1> Collection/Project Archive: Various. Remembering Strathpeffer. Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). Yes. Digital. Site 22.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4824 5812 (49m by 63m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (3)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2200:15:0::::BUILDING:7861 (View listed building information on Historic Scotland's website (old hyperlink))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7861 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108916 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.