MHG951 - Township, Broubster Village
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
The last inhabitant of Broubster Village left in 1952 (Info from W Forbes, Achiegallon Farm)
Visited by OS 13 November 1964.
What may be a planned village is depicted on 1st edition of OS 6-inch map (Caithness 1877, sheet xvi). It comprises four rows of buildings, one of which is partially roofed, round a square and nine buildings, one of which is partially roofed to rear of four rows.
Two of rows are partially roofed, with other two unroofed rows only part shown, and 6 unroofed buildings standing to rear of the rows are shown on current edition of OS 1:10,560 map (1963).
Info from RCAHMS (AKK) 15 September 1995.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 0380 5950 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/7730 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.