MHG15754 - Bridge Over Allt an Reidhean, Glendoe
A small single-span rubble humpback bridge dating from 1730-32.
Type and Period (1)
- BRIDGE (Built, 18th Century - 1730 AD to 1732 AD (at some time))
1730-2 by General Wade. For further information see Listed Building details. <1>
This single span stone bridge, now superseded by the nearby B862, is flanked on either side by a grass-covered stretch of military road. Spanning the Allt an Reidhean, it is believed to be an original Wade bridge.The underside of the bridge and the abutments seem to be in a fairly stable condition, although the grouting has fallen off in places and the middle section of the W side of the bridge has collapsed. There is a stock fence running across the length of the bridge.
M Logie (Highland Council) 1997; NMRS MS 1007/3. <2>
- <1> Dataset: Historic Scotland. Information Supplementary to the Statutory List (This information has no legal significance). Digital. HB1884.
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 147521.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4047 0894 (7m by 11m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||BOLESKINE AND ABERTARFF|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB1884 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/147521 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.