MHG2734 - Enclosure, Eskadale Wood
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- ENCLOSURE (Undated)
- None recorded
In Eskadale Wood, (NH 4701 4055),Kineras, near Hughtown Post Office, there is a structure which consists of two concentric circles, partly of earth and partly of stones. The entrance faces the east. The outer wall has been partly destroyed by planting trees, and the inner one is still less distinguishable. The diameter of outer circle, over all is 65 feet, the thickness of wall 9 ft. 9 inches, and the entrance is 9 feet wide. The diameter of the inner circle is 34 feet 6 inches and the thickness of wall 3 ft. 6 inches. The height of the walls above the present ground is 1 foot 6 inches. The outer face is carefully built as well as the entrance.
T Wallace 1886
No trace of this feature could be found.
Visited by OS (R L) 18 December 1964
No change to previous field report.
Visited by OS (R L) 10 March 1970
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Wallace, T. 1886. Notes on ancient remains in the Beauly Valley, Inverness-shire. Proc Soc Antiq Scot Volume 20. 340-55. 352.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of North-east Inverness, Inverness District, Highland Region. . 30, No. 244.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4702 4056 (60m by 60m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||KILTARLITY AND CONVINTH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12396 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.