MHG32861 - Commemorative Monument - Ben Totaig
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- COMMEMORATIVE MONUMENT (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A momument with enclosing wall, situated on the north edge of the B884, commemorating the Glendale land acquisitions in 1982 was noted during a walkover survey in 2004 by Stuart Farrell for the Glendale Water Mains Renewal Project. It was not threatened by the pipeline which was to lie to the south side of the road.<1>
See link below to HES Canmore record for photos of the memorial contributed by M Briscoe. <2>
GIS spatial data created 2019 based on OS Master Map. <3>
- <1> Text/Report: Farrell S. Water Mains Renewal Project - Glendale, Skye. -. . . Site 41.
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 318783.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 1979 4968 (15m by 9m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/318783/skye-cnoc-an-t-sithean-glendale-land-league-memorial (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.