MHG44240 - Lochinver Fishing Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- PIER (Undated)
- None recorded
The site of the Fishing Station established in 1775, is now the Culag Hotel.
The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland (A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900, fishing station p.233-235 and harbour p. 103-104) - Sinclair B Calder, 1974
J Aitken : 19/2/2004
NC02SE 7 093 223
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Graham, A and Gordon, J. 1988. 'Old harbours in northern and western Scotland', Proc Soc Antiq Scot, Vol 117 (1987), pp 265-352. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland. Digital. 324.
- --- Text/Manuscript: Calder, Sinclair B.. 1974. The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland: A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900. The University of Strathclyde.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 0895 2220 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/4513 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.