MHG4492 - Wade Bridge Over River Truim, Dalwhinnie
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
NN68SW 1 6388 8277.
The bridge was Scheduled on 29/12/1958.
The bridge was Listed at Category B on 05/10/1971.
Access Audit 29 - HAW 11/2003
See Assoc. Docs. File
The bridge was Descheduled by Historic Environment Scotland in 2016, though the Listing remains in place. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Salmond, J B. 1938. Wade in Scotland. new, enl.. 219.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Country Life. 'v.1 (January-June 1897) to v. 189(March-April 1995) to v.192 [March-April 1998]. See supplementary cards for list of missing issues.' 7 December 1951, p.1887. 1887. 7 December 1951, p 1887.
- <1> Text/Designation Notification/Scheduled Monument: Historic Environment Scotland. 2016. Scheduled Monument Descheduling Notification - SM960, SM962 & SM3414. Historic Environment Scotland. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 6388 8278 (50m by 50m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||KINGUSSIE AND INSH|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (3)
- http://kweimar.de/Bilder_XML.php?ket=08_09 (View more information on this bridge from a website about Highland Bridges)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7665 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/24622 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.