MHG47823 - Ring Ditch - Balnaglack
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RING DITCH (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (10/07/2007 12:52:51)
NH85SW 84 c.833 508
NH 833 508 The site was observed during a private flight in the summer of 2003. It appears as a ring-ditch, c 10m in diameter, with a central pit and possible outer circle of post-holes: a possible round barrow. The site lies c 30m N of the NE corner of the garden of an isolated cottage in Strathnairn.
Photographs have been deposited in Highland SMR.
J S Bone 2003
NH 8333 5082 Site identified as part of a desk based assessment and walk over survey. <1><2>
Jacobs Babtie, 2005.
The above photographs could not be located. <3>
The site was photography during aerial surveys by RCAHMS in 1988 and by HES in 2018. See link below to HES Canmore record for aerial photos. <4>
- <1> Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 268879.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Fasham, P. 03/2005. Nairn to Clunas Replacement Water Main: Archaeological Desk-Based Assessment and walk over survey Vol 2 (Revised Route). Jacobs Babtie Ltd. 10/03/2005. Digital.
- <3> Verbal Communication: Tilbury, S. Comment by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer.
- <4> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 268879.
|Grid reference||NH 833 507 (point)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/268879 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.