MHG49776 - Dalreoich
Three rock outcrops bearing cup marks.
Type and Period (1)
- CUP MARKED STONE (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (19/09/2006 11:25:12)
NH57NE 30 NH 58173 76359
Three outcrops bearing cup marks, 200m SW of NH57NE 10.
NH 58173 76359 DH1. Outcrop, 3.2 x 2.6 x 1.3m; at least 47 cup marks and ?semi-circular channel. Largest cup 60 x 30mm.
NH 58212 76355 DH2. Outcrop, 3.9 x 2.6 x 1.2m; at least 10 cup marks. Four cups are aligned NW-SE.
NH 58242 76382 DH3. Outcrop with at least five cup marks.
G Currie 2005 <1>
First reported by Dougie Scott in 2004. Photographs submitted to the HER in November 2010. <2><3>
- <1> SHG24123 Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 282723.
- <2> SHG23286 Verbal Communication: Puls, A. Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist. Following a tel call from D Scott 15/11/2010.
- <3> SHG25031 Image/Photograph(s): Scott, D. 2010-11. Photographs and information from Douglas Scott. Colour. Yes. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 58173 76358 (20m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/282723 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.