MHG50388 - Gravel extraction scoops at Coulmore, Beauly Firth
A series of irregular scoops and pits resulting from gravel extraction.
Type and Period (2)
- GRAVEL PIT (19th Century to 21st Century - 1801 AD to 2100 AD)
- QUARRY SCOOP (19th Century to 21st Century - 1801 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (05/03/2007 12:22:55)
NH64NW 101 6120 4827
Series of irregular scoops and pits directly alongside road.
CFA/MORA Coastal Assessment Survey 1998 <1>
The owners of Coulmore Farm have gravel extraction rights down to the low foreshore which will explain the pits. <2>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Cressey, M.. 09/1998. Coastal Assessment Survey Inner Moray Firth: Volume 1 - Inverness to Dingwall. Centre for Field Archaeology. 14/12/1998. Digital (scanned as PDF). 286970.
- <2> Text/Correspondence: Highland Council. Website feedback from Martin Hind, Easter Ross Countryside Ranger. Yes. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6120 4827 (20m by 20m) (Approximate)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/286970 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.