MHG51394 - Military Building/Store, Loans of Tullich
Double height single storey brick-built building. Part of Loans of Tullich military camp.
Type and Period (2)
- MILITARY BUILDING (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- ORDNANCE STORE? (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- None recorded
Double height single storey brick-built building with a flat concrete roof. A large set of corrugated iron double doors is set into the north-east elevation with a total of seven windows set close to wall head height on the south-east, north-west and south-west elevations. An attached single storey entrance building is located on the NW elevation with a shallow sloped roof; the entrance doorway is closely fronted by a large brick blast wall that covers the full length of the entrance building. The function of the building is unknown. A concrete hard standing is located immediately to the south of the building and a probable Nissen hut can be seen at this location on aerial photograph coverage from 1947 (see MHG25875 for references) <1>. Photographed <2>.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 85634 77000 (16m by 15m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.