MHG58889 - Iron Barges - Clachnaharry
Two flat bottomed, riveted iron barges situated to the rear of the joinery workshop on the north bank of the Works Lock.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD? to 2000 AD?)
- None recorded
GR NH 64930 46563 Situated to the rear/east of the joinery workshop on the north bank of the Works Lock there are two upturned flat bottomed iron barges and at least three old stone bollards. The barges have riveted plates and measure 6.2m in length by 2.2m in width and 0.8m in depth, they have squared sterns.
Information from the Scottish Canals Recording Project (MM) 8 may 2013
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6492 4656 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/330620/clachnaharry-works-lock (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.