MHG58918 - WW2 Hut Bases and Light Anti Aircraft Gun Emplacement - Isle of Ewe
Three Nissan hut bases from WW2 on Isle of Ewe.
Type and Period (2)
- HUT PLATFORM (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- ANTI AIRCRAFT GUN EMPLACEMENT (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- None recorded
Site of a light anti aircraft gun emplacement with at least three concrete hut bases is visible on an RAF vertical air photograph (CPE/SCOT/UK 182 1319, flown 8 October 2013).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 15 November 2013.
Three WW2 Nissan hut bases. The site was recorded in 2014 by Malone D, MacInnes A & Buchanan J as part of an archaeological survey of Isle Ewe. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 1999-2001 aerial photographs <2>
- --- Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 333404.
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Malone, B, MacInnes, A & Buchanan, J. 2014. A History and Survey of Isle Ewe. Unaffiliated. 2018. Digital. p.62 Site 96,97,98.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8561 8826 (50m by 55m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/333404/isle-of-ewe-light-anti-aircraft-gun-emplacement (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.