MHG59134 - Fish Trap - Port Alasdair A' Mhuilleir, Loch Torridon
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FISH TRAP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A large gently curving fish trap is visible in aerial photography on the S side of the bay at the head of Loch Torridon. It was photographed during RCAHMS aerial surveys. See link below to HES Canmore record for this photography. <1> <2>
This fist trap is depicted on current OS Master Mapping (2018). <3>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009. XY
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 331350.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8916 5451 (197m by 69m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/331350/port-alasdair-a-mhuilleir (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.