MHG59146 - Drill Hall - Alness
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- DRILL HALL (19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD? to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
Osborne (2006) states that this drill hall, in use from before the First World War until new premises were acquired in 1938, was a hut with timber cladding and render. The building has been demolished and two new houses occupy the site. In 1914 it was the base for "G" Squadron, Lovat Horse and "G" Company, 4th battalion Seaforth Highlanders.
Recorded as part of HS/RCAHMS World War One Audit Project, 2013. <1> <2>
GIS spatial data copied from data supplied by AKK from the RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. <3>
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Osbourne, M. 2006. Always Ready: Drill Halls of Britain's Volunteer Forces. pp 266.
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 331786.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Barclay, G.J.. 2014. The Built Heritage of the First World War in Scotland: The report of a project commissioned by Historic Scotland & RCAHMS. Unaffiliated. Digital. pp. 64, table 43.
- <3> Collection/Project Archive: Kilpatrick, A K. 2014. RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. Digital. No. 435. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6590 6965 (15m by 19m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/331786/alness-38-perrins-road-drill-hall (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.