MHG59457 - Fish Trap - Roag
Two fish traps situated within Pool Roag.
Type and Period (1)
- FISH TRAP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Two substantial fish traps within Pool Roag are visible in aerial photography, and are depicted on current OS mapping. On is small, running parallel to the eastern shore and gently curving inwards towards it. Immediately south of this is a much larger trap, running at a right angle to the western shoreand angled southwards. <1> <2>
These fishtraps were photographed during aerial surveys in 2011 by RCAHMS. See link below to HES Canmore record for oblique aerial photos. <3>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2014. Getmapping aerial photography 2014. XY
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital.
- <3> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 317670.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 2747 4367 (107m by 147m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/318059/ardroag (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.