MHG60838 - Quarry - Holbornhead
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- QUARRY (20th Century - 1901 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
A quarry is depicted on the 2nd Edition OS Maps. It is now disused. <1> <2>
The quarry was photographed during aerial surveys by RCAHMS in 2013. See link belwot to HES Canmore record for photos. <3>
- <1> SHG23362 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1906. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Caithness. Digital.
- <2> SHG23361 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
- <3> SHG23282 Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 334023.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 0794 7103 (275m by 218m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/334022/holbornhead-quarries (Link to online HES Canmore record)
- https://www.scran.ac.uk/database/record.php?usi=000-000-032-220-C (Link to onling SCRAN database entry)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.