MHG61013 - Building - Croft 2, Laide
Ruined building, Croft 2 at Laide
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Built, 19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD? to 2000 AD?)
- None recorded
A survey of the Laide settlement area was undertaken by Macinnes, A. and Macintyre, J. in 2011.
Croft 2. Most of this croft it has undergone considerable development with new housing. It is possible that at an earlier date, Croft 2 may have comprised a greater area. It was not uncommon for croftland to be split to even out the share of better arable land.
Site 3. Ruined building. This was shown on the 2nd OS map but not the 1st, suggesting it was built after 1881. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 1999-2001 aerial photographs <2>
2nd Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> SHG28312 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2018. Crofts 2, 16, 26, 3, 5, Laide. Anne MacInnes. Digital. p.1-14 Site 3.
- <2> SHG27491 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <3> SHG23423 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8966 9142 (6m by 9m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/105051 (Link to HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.