MHG7435 - Croick Church
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Croick Church, designed by Thomas Telford.
Listed at Category A in 1971.
In 2014 ARCH provided a number of courses, field trips and other activities exploring and researching the remains of the 19th century engineer, road and church builder Thomas Telford. A project was undertaken in Kyle of Sutherland, during which many sites were visited and photographed by participants. Croick Church was photographed during this project. <1>
NH49SE0009 Croick Manse
NH49SE0011 Croick burial ground
NH49SE 8 4567 9146.
See assoc. docs. File.
J Aitken : 20/04/01
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Close-Brooks, J. 1986. Exploring Scotland's Heritage: The Highlands. 109, No. 47.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: P.A.MacNab. 1963. The Church of Croick.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: Kruse, S.. 2015. Telford in the Kyle of Sutherland Project. Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). Yes. Digital. Site 2.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4567 9147 (80m by 80m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (3)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7181 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- http://www.archhighland.org.uk/telford-in-kyle-of-sutherland.asp (Visit the ARCH Telford in the Kyle of Sutherland Project page)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12503 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.