MHG9143 - Township, Strath Kanaird
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NC10SE 2 1640 0200.
Achamihuoric - Shown as a settlement of five buildings with arable. (W Roy 1747) Deserted by 1881. (OS 6"map, 1881)
W Roy 1747; OS 6"map, Sutherland, 2nd ed., (1881)
The remains of 5 buildings of good dry stone walling up to 2m high and an enclosure bounded by a grassed-over bank, 0.7m high.
Visited by OS (R D L) 10 May 1962.
A township comprising five unroofed buildings in an area of cultivation is depicted on 1st edition of OS 6-inch map (Cromartyshire 1881, sheet viii). Six unroofed buildings are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10,000 map (1992).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 27 September 1995
|Grid reference||Centred NC 1639 0188 (173m by 143m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/4529 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.