MHG1642 - Keiss Church of Scotland Church
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (19th Century - 1872 AD to 1872 AD)
For Keiss Manse (ND c. 348 610), see ND36SW 27.
A plain church built in 1827 and created a quoad sacra parish church in 1833.
Name Book 1873.
Telford parliamentary church
G Hay 1957; S Hackett and N Livingstone 1984.
George Watson, Caithness Chapel Sites (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG3470.
Ordnance Survey, Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey, Book No. 13, 50 (Text/Publication/Monograph). SHG3343.
Hay, G, 1957, The architecture of Scottish post-Reformation churches, 1560-1843, 252 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG2307.
Hackett and Livingston, S and N, 1984, Scottish Parliamentary churches and their manses, 329 (Text/Publication/Article). SHG3169.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Hay, G. 1957. The architecture of Scottish post-Reformation churches, 1560-1843. 252.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Hackett and Livingston, S and N. 1984. Scottish Parliamentary churches and their manses. SHG23465. 302-36. 329.
- --- Text/Publication/Monograph: Ordnance Survey. Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. 13. Book No. 13, 50.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: George Watson. Caithness Chapel Sites.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 3484 6105 (34m by 34m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (3)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2200:15:0::::BUILDING:14082 (View listed building information on Historic Scotland's website (old hyperlink))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB14082 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/9349 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.