An educational resource produced by Forestry Commission Scotland in partnership with the Highland Council Historic Environment Team. It is most suitable for teachers of lower-middle primary and lower secondary classes. The purpose of the resource is to enable teachers to link preparatory and follow-up classroom work with a site visit to one of Scotland's most impressive Pictish forts: the hillfort of Craig Phadrig above Inverness. Many activities may be adapted for other hillforts in Scotland.
The resource includes:
- Links to Curriculum for Excellence
- On-site discussion points
- An introduction to the Historic Environment Record
- Two packages of pupil activities centring on a visit to a Pictish hillfort, and
- Suggestions for other resources