MHG10067 - Hammerstone, Bonar Bridge
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
A hammer-stone from Bonar Bridge was purchased for the NMAS in 1883.
Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1884.
This hammer stone may be the same as AK 120, a hammer-stone of Greenstone, 4 3/4 x 2 1/2 in., which was acquired by the NMS in 1883. This was recorded only as coming from Sutherland. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1884. 'Donations to and purchases for the Library and Museum and exhibits in the Museum', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 18 1883-4, p.13-19,76-8,170-9,213-15,248-52,308-12,362-9. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 13-19,76-8,170-9,213-15,2. 17.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. AK 120.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6100 9099 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- HAMMERSTONE (Neolithic to Late Iron Age - 4000 BC? to 560 AD?)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14036 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.