MHG10149 - Coach House, Stittenham Road, Helmsdale
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- COACH HOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1814 AD to 1874 AD (between))
- HOUSE (In use, 20th Century - 1960 AD to 1971 AD (between))
- None recorded
Exterior photo. On opp side of road to the Hotel. - HAW 11/2002
ND01NW 60 0264 1547.
The southern half of the building looks to be largely unaltered with a large arched doorway (for coach access?) in the southern gable end. The northern half of the building has been converted to a house. <1>.
Well maintained older building. Constructed from dressed stone blocks, over two floors, to a steeply pitched slated roof. Smaller upper windows, doors on ground floor. <2>
- <1> Verbal Communication: Puls, A. Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Sneddon, D, Gheorghiou, D, Hansom, J and Shearer, I. 03/2010. East Sutherland Coastal Zone Assessment survey: Data Structure Report. Glasgow University Archaeological Research Division (GUARD). 12/9/10. Digital. Site 341.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 0265 1548 (10m by 41m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/7479 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.