MHG10257 - Leadoch
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NC80NE 41 centred on 856 052.
W Roy 1747-55.
Leadoch: Name applies to a small district, including a dwelling-house and some ruins (at NC 856 052).
Name Book (Sutherland).
A township comprising an unroofed building and five enclosures is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Sutherland 1879, sheet xcvii). Three unroofed buildings, five enclosures and a head-dyke are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10,560 map (1964).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 1 November 1995
|Grid reference||Centred NC 8583 0526 (594m by 659m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/74022 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.