MHG10356 - Dail Na Drochaide
No summary available.
Type and Period (3)
- CROFT (Undated)
- RIG AND FURROW (Undated)
- ENCLOSURE (Undated)
- None recorded
NC75NW 88 Centred on 717 574
The ruins of a croft (Name Book compiled 1873).
Name Book (Sutherland).
A deserted croft comprising the footings of three buildings, the largest, a long-house, being approximately 32m by 3.5m. An associated enclosure and run rig are in the vicinity.
Visited by OS (JB) 30 November 1978.
A township, comprising four unroofed buildings and three enclosures, is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Sutherland 1878, sheet xviii). The township is shown as five unroofed buildings and three enclosures on the current edition of the OS 1:10,560 map (1964).
Information from RCAHMS (FO) 17 August 1995.
Name Book (County), Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey, Vol. no. 20, p. 130 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG3351.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 7180 5748 (147m by 117m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/73996 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.