MHG10404 - Creag Blarach
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NC60SE 34 689 041.
Blairaich. W Roy 1747-55.
A number of building footings and remains of field walls abandoned in the 18th/19th century, in an area of subsequent cultivation.
Visited by OS (JM) 4 December 1980.
A township, comprising five unroofed buildings, one unroofed structure, six enclosures and a head-dyke, is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Sutherland 1879, sheet civ). Ten roofed buildings, one partially roofed building and four unroofed buildings are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10,000 map (1970).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 20 November 1995.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 6889 0410 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/75089 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.