MHG10495 - Dail Na Feusaig
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NC61SE 5 centred on 698 111.
Dalfaisich. W Roy 1747-55.
Now Dail na Feusaig (OS 6-inch map, 1968). Crofting community abandoned in the 18th/19th century.
Visited by OS (JM) 12 May 1981.
Described as 'pasture land' with no mention of buildings (c.1873).
Name Book (Sutherland).
A township comprising three unroofed buildings, five enclosures and a head-dyke is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Sutherland 1879, sheet xcvi). One unroofed building, two enclosures and a head-dyke are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10,560 map (1968).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 16 November 1995
|Grid reference||Centred NC 6980 1110 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/75097 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.