MHG10547 - Dalreavoch Bridge over River Brora
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
SU/1101 List C Survey 1975-6
The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland (A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900) - Sinclair B Calder, 1974
J Aitken : 19/2/2004
Early 19th century, twin arched rubble bridge; dressed rubble arch rings; triangular cutwaters; dressed rubble
parapets with slightly splayed approach; shallow end buttresses. <2>
Dalreavoch Bridge is 4.3m wide and carries the Brora-Rogart public road across the River Brora. It has an Ordnance Survey bench mark on top of the centre of the NW parapet, marking a height of 98m. <3>
- <1> SHG364 Text/Manuscript: Calder, Sinclair B.. 1974. The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland: A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900. The University of Strathclyde.
- <2> SHG24041 Dataset: Historic Scotland. Information Supplementary to the Statutory List (This information has no legal significance). Digital. HB Number 14917.
- <3> SHG24933 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Lindsay, N. 09/2009. Dalreavoch-Sciberscross, Strath Brora, Sutherland: A Report on an Archaeological Walk-Over Survey. Unaffiliated. Digital. Feature 54.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 7551 0886 (50m by 50m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (3)
- http://kweimar.de/Bilder_XML.php?ket=HL049 (View more information on this bridge from a website about Highland Bridges)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB14917 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/5834 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.