MHG1055 - Chapel, Crosskirk
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHAPEL (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A chapel stood at Crosskirk (T Pennant 1774) possibly one of the two mentioned as apparently extant near Brims (ND 043 710) in 1726 (W Macfarlane 1906-8), (ND07SW 2 being the other).
(Both references are specifically to Thurso parish, therefore cannot be to St Mary's Chapel (ND07SW 1), which is, in each case, included under Reay parish.)
T Pennant 1774; W Macfarlane 1906-8.
George Watson, Caithness Chapel Sites (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG3470.
Pennant, T, 1774, A tour in Scotland; MDCCLXIX, 350 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG2618.
Mitchell, Sir A and Clark, J T (eds.), 1906-8, Geographical collections relating to Scotland, Vol. 1, 173 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG2441.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 0289 7000 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8021 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.