MHG10578 - Wester Badanloch
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NC73SE 14 786 344.
(NC 786 344) Wester Badanloch (NAT)
OS 6" map, (1963)
Wester Badanloch, a deserted township, cleared in 1819 (Prebble 1963) comprising approximately twenty building foundations, varying in size from 4.0m by 2.0m to 38.0m by 5.0m. The remains of kilns occur at NC 7859 3439 and NC 7860 3439, and there are extensive areas of run-rig.
W Roy 1747-55; J Prebble 1963; Visited by OS (E G C) 21 May 1961.
Wester Badanloch is as described above. Visited by OS (J M) 17 February 1977.
A township comprising twelve unroofed buildings, most of which are long buildings, two small enclosures, a field and some field walls is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Sutherland 1878, sheet lvi). Seventeen unroofed buildings, seven enclosures and some field walls are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10,000 map (1992).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 10 October 1995
|Grid reference||Centred NC 7842 3436 (1302m by 1117m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/6136 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.