MHG10579 - Easter Badanloch
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NC73SE 15 793 338.
(NC 793 338) Easter Badanloch (NAT)
OS 6"map, (1963)
Easter Badanloch, a deserted township, formerly known as Badanbeg (Roy 1747-55), was cleared in 1819 (Prebble 1963). It comprises building foundations ranging in size from 20.0m by 3.5m to 35.0m by 4.0m. There are kilns at the NE end of the foundations at NC 7894 3386 and NC 7911 3396. The stone and mortar ruins on the east side are 19th century.
W Roy 1747-55; J Prebble 1963; Visited by OS (E G C) 20 May 1961.
No change to previous field report.
Visited by OS (J M) 17 February 1977.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 7895 3376 (923m by 766m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/6137 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.