MHG10629 - Neo Axe, Rogart
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
- None recorded
A stone axehead found at Rogart (NC 73 03) was donated to the NMAS by G Priest, Brora.
Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1968.
Mr Priest has left the district. The precise find-spot is not known locally.
Visited by OS (J M) 19 May 1981.
Described in the NMS catalogue as made of a crystalline, dark grey stone, oval in cross section and has a pointed butt. Acc. No. AF 1034. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1968. 'Donations to and purchases for the Museum and Library', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 99 1966-7, p.265-73. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 265-73. 265.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. AF 1034.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 7300 0299 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/5989 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.