MHG10642 - Rogart Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NC70SW 46 7250 0196
The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland (A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900, pp. 71, 91 - corn mill & 188 - woollen mill) - Sinclair B Calder, 1974
J Aitken : 19/2/2004
(Location cited as NC 724 020). Rogart Station, built c. 1868 for the Sutherland Rly. Similar to Invershin Station (NH59NE 35).
J R Hume 1977.
This intermediate station on the Inverness - Georgemas Junction - Wick and Thurso ('Far North') line of the former Highland Rly was opened by the Sutherland Rly. on 28 July 1874. It was renamed Rogart Halt on 12 June 1961 but subsequently reverted to Rogart Station and remains in regular passenger use as such.
R V J Butt 1995.
- --- SHG2009 Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 199.
- --- SHG2332 Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 312, 319-20.
- --- SHG364 Text/Manuscript: Calder, Sinclair B.. 1974. The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland: A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900. The University of Strathclyde.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 7249 0196 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/6003 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.