MHG10645 - Lubeag township
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Situated on a SSE facing gentle slope to the river at an altitude of 145m-152m OD in rough pasture.
Information added by A M Fox, Highland Council Archaeology Unit, 17.04.00.
NC71NE 2 752 185.
(NC 752 185) Lubeag (ONB 1872) the remains of a depopulated settlement which was in ruins in 1872.
Name Book 1872; OS 6"map, (1963)
A few ruinous building foundations ranging in size from 33m by 4m to 8m by 4m. Earth and stone banks run north, south and west from the buildings.
Visited by OS (W D J) 14 July 1961.
A township, comprising four unroofed buildings, an enclosure and a length of wall, is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Sutherland 1879, sheet lxxvi). Seven unroofed buildings are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10,560 map (1963).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 16 October 1995.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 7518 1855 (156m by 134m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/6021 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.