MHG10787 - Stone Rows, Dail Na Drochaide
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- STONE ALIGNMENT (Undated)
- None recorded
NC75NW 34 7205 5745.
NC 722 574 A ruinous setting of stone rows aligned almost due north-south and covering an area about 5m by 10m. Five rows are identifiable in which eleven, small, upright stones are visible.
L J Myatt 1975.
The stone rows are at NC 7205 5745 in an area of level moorland. When visited only 5 definite stones were seen protruding a maximum of 0.4m above the heather. No mound is in association.
Surveyed at 1:10000.
Visited by OS (J B) 18 December 1978.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Freer and Myatt, R and L J. 1983. 'The multiple stone rows of Caithness and Sutherland. 3. Their description. II', Caithness Fld Club Bulletin Vol. 3 April 1983, p.120-32. Caithness Fld Club Bulletin. 120-32. 121, No. 13; plan fig.9.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Dail Na Drochaide. Colour Slide; Digital Image. .
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Myatt, L J. 1975. 'Farr, Skelpick, stone rows', Discovery and Excavation in Scotland 1975, p.55. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 55. 55.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 7205 5745 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/6237 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.