MHG10802 - St John's Church
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NC80NE 23 855 071.
Cill Eathain, St John's Church, gave name to Killean (Killin: NC 855 071), which property is on record in 1548.
OSA 1794; Orig Paroch Scot 1855; H Morrison 1883; W J Watson 1926.
No further information
Visited by OS (E G C) 16 July 1961.
Sir John Sinclair (ed.), 1791-9, The statistical account of Scotland, drawn up from the communications of the ministers of the different parishes, Vol. 10, 30 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG2606.
OPS, 1855, Origines parochiales Scotiae: the antiquities ecclesiastical and territorial of the parishes of Scotland, 728 (Text/Publication/Monograph). SHG342.
Morrison, H, 1883, Tourist's guide to Sutherland and Caithness, 32 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG2538.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Morrison, H. 1883. Tourist's guide to Sutherland and Caithness. 32.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Sir John Sinclair (ed.). 1791-9. The statistical account of Scotland, drawn up from the communications of the ministers of the different parishes. Vol. 10, 30.
- --- Text/Publication/Monograph: OPS. 1855. Origines parochiales Scotiae: the antiquities ecclesiastical and territorial of the parishes of Scotland. 2/2. 728.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 8549 0710 (80m by 80m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/6469 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.