MHG10867 - Flint Flake - Memorial, Dunrobin
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
A flake from a pebble of white flint 1.3 ins by 0.7ins found at Memorial, Dunrobin (NC 850 008), in April 1884, is in Dunrobin Museum (Acc No 1884.2).
There are memorials at NC 8492 0130, NC 8469 0073, NC 8732 0178 and NC 8465 0046, of which the first three were in existence in 1884. The last was not in existence in 1873.
OS 6" map, Sutherland, 2nd ed., (1873); Information from TS of Catalogue of Dunrobin Museum, by A S Henshall.
A photograph of the flint flake, on display in Dunrobin Museum, was submitted to the HER by a participant in a Community Timeline course, run by ARCH. <1>
The flint flake was catalogued during an inventory of Dunrobin Castle Museum's collection in 2019 by ARCH. Listed under Acc. No. 1884.2. It was on display in case 22, shelf D. <2>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s): Private individuals. 2010. Photographs submitted by participants in ARCH Community Timeline course in Evanton and Golspie. Colour digital. Yes. Digital. Shirley Sutherland.
- <2> Collection/Finds Collection: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2019. Finds Collection At Dunrobin Castle Museum. 1884.2.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 8500 0080 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- FLAKE (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/6539 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.