MHG10898 - Flints, Golspie
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
Flints from Golspie are in Cambridge University Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology (Z.32761).
Museum Accessions Register.
The flints listed as from Golspie in the Cambridge Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology under Z 32761 comprise a circular core (Z 32761.1), a leaf arrow head (Z 32761.2), scrapers and thumbnail scrapers (Z 32761.3-22) and flakes (Z 32761.23-26). Also listed from Golspie is a leaf arrowhead (Z 32764.1), a worked piece of flint (Z 24645.2) and a scraper (Z 24645.3).
Is is possible that all of these finds, listed only as from Golspie, are from Little Ferry. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NC 8300 0000 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 551 BC?)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 551 BC?)
- SIDE SCRAPER (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 551 BC?)
- THUMB NAIL SCRAPER (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- FLAKE (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 551 BC?)
- LEAF ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/6587 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.