MHG11000 - Dalvaich Township
No summary available.
Type and Period (3)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- RIG AND FURROW (Undated)
- KILN (Undated)
- None recorded
Centred on 808 106.
Dalvaich (NAT) OS 6"map, Sutherland, 2nd ed., (1907)
Dalvaik. Shown as a group of about five buildings with arable.
W Roy 1747-55.
NC 808 106. Footings and remains up to 0.5m high of at least 12 dwellings ranging in size from 6 by 3m to a T-shaped building 25.by 4m with a wing 14 by 4m, together with associated enclosures and remains of two kilns. An area of rig and furrow lies between this site and River Brora to N.
Visited by OS (R D L) 1 May 1964.
A township comprising eleven unroofed buildings, four enclosures and a head-dyke is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Sutherland 1879, sheet xcvii). Eight unroofed buildings, at least three enclosures, two sheepfolds and a head-dyke are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10,560 map (1969).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 1 November 1995
|Grid reference||Centred NC 8072 1066 (535m by 278m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/6606 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.