MHG1107 - Church of Scotland, Berriedale
Thomas Telford standard parlimentary T-plan church, built 1826.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (19th Century - 1826 AD to 1826 AD)
Berriedale Church. Telford. Parliamentary Kirk 1826.
G Hay 1957.
Church still in use.
Visited by OS 9 November 1982.
S Hackett and N Livingstone 1984.
Thomas Telford (1826). Standard T-plan church with some later alterations <1>.
- --- SHG2307 Text/Publication/Volume: Hay, G. 1957. The architecture of Scottish post-Reformation churches, 1560-1843. 252.
- --- SHG3169 Text/Publication/Article: Hackett and Livingston, S and N. 1984. Scottish Parliamentary churches and their manses. SHG23465. 302-36. 329.
- --- SHG3470 Text/Publication/Volume: Watson, G.. 1991. Caithness Chapel Sites.
- <1> SHG23286 Verbal Communication: Puls, A. Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 1211 2327 (88m by 95m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7926 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8092 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.