MHG31341 - Cemetery, Berriedale Church
Early C19 cemetery for Berriedale Church
Type and Period (1)
- CEMETERY (Founded, 19th Century - 1801 AD to 1826 AD (between))
For Berriedale Manse (ND c. 12 23), see ND 12SW 45.
Berriedale Church. Telford. Parliamentary Kirk 1826.
G Hay 1957.
Church still in use. Visited by OS 9 November 1982.
Telford church. S Hackett and N Livingstone 1984.
'Caithness Monumental Inscriptions', pre 1855
Monumental inscription survey completed by A.S.Cowper & I.Ross.
The survey may not include inscription information after 1855 and each inscription transcribed does not give the full details that appear on the stones, abbreviations used. Some ommissions and inacuracies. Published 1992.
J Aitken : 20/12/02
Dry stone walled burial ground with C19 and C20 tombs <1>.
- --- SHG1839 Text/Publication/Monograph: A S Cowper & I Ross. 1992. Caithness Monumental Inscriptions, pre 1855. 4.
- --- SHG2307 Text/Publication/Volume: Hay, G. 1957. The architecture of Scottish post-Reformation churches, 1560-1843. 252.
- --- SHG3169 Text/Publication/Article: Hackett and Livingston, S and N. 1984. Scottish Parliamentary churches and their manses. SHG23465. 302-36. 329.
- --- SHG3470 Text/Publication/Volume: Watson, G.. 1991. Caithness Chapel Sites.
- <1> SHG23286 Verbal Communication: Puls, A. Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 1208 2326 (20m by 20m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7926 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8092 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.