MHG11088 - Kinbrace Farm
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CAIRN (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
NC82NE 20 8740 2888.
Cairn (NR) OS 6"map, (1962)
A heather-covered round cairn within a forest clearing untouched by ploughing.(Info from OS (EGC) 27 May 1961) It measures 11.5m in diameter with a maximum height of 1.3m. The flat top is dug into, but no cist or chamber is exposed.
Visited by OS (J B) 3 December 1976; RCAHMS 1911, visited 1909
A heather-covered cairn situated in a small clearing in the forest; it measures about 12.5m in diameter by 1.3m in height. Severe robbing hollows can be seen in the cairn.
Visited by RCAHMS (JNGR and DCC) 31 July 1991
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1911. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Second report and inventory of monuments and constructions in the county of Sutherland. . 134, No. 384.
- --- Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Cowley, D.C., Dixon, P.J. and Ritchie, J.N.G.. 1993. Strath of Kildonan: an archaeological survey. RCAHMS. . Paper and Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 8739 2888 (14m by 14m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM3322 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/6648 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.