MHG11601 - Possible Standing Stone, Fiscary
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- STANDING STONE (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
NC76SW 19 72 62.
A long recumbent stone which may have stood erect lies near 'the Fiscary cairns' (NC76SW 4-6).
A Gunn and J Mackay 1897.
A stone in a field now known as Leac Margaid is said to have been a boundary of the Priest's Croft.
H Morrison 1883.
This stone was not located during field investigation.
Visited by OS (J L D) 28 April 1960.
Not located. Visited by OS (R L) 7 July 1971.
- --- SHG15167 Image/Photograph(s): Fiscary. Colour Slide; Digital Image. .
- --- SHG15168 Image/Photograph(s): Fiscary. Colour Slide; Digital Image. .
- --- SHG2301 Text/Publication/Volume: Gunn and Mackay, A and J (eds.). 1897. Sutherland and the Reay country: history, antiquities, folklore, topographical, regiments, ecclesiastical records, poetry and music etc. 104.
- --- SHG2538 Text/Publication/Volume: Morrison, H. 1883. Tourist's guide to Sutherland and Caithness. 86.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 7200 6200 (10m by 10m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/6414 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.